The themes tool is the primary in-depth view of your data. It has several sections that can show you details about the volume/impact of your themes, show you comments from your data and explore more details about your themes. The themes tool also has additional functionality like
- You can apply your filters to your data, which change some of the visualizations and allow you to compare the two segments
- Download your data from Thematic
The main section will show all of the base and sub-themes in your data.
- By default your themes will be shown by volume, which is the percentage of meaningful responses that mentioned each of the themes. More details about base and sub-themes.
- The base themes are shown in the left bar graph, and the sub-themes of the selected theme will be shown in the right bar graph.
- You can select any base or sub-theme by clicking on it.
- If you have more than 10 base-themes you can expand to see them all using the "Show all themes" button.
- You can search for any themes by their name using the "search themes" bar.
- The details above the themes show you any filters applied to the data, the total number of responses in the current section of data and the total score (if your data contains a score). You can click on the tooltip to see the exact number of responses that left a free-text comment, and what % of those Thematic considers meaningful.
- You will also see an overview of all your feedback based on your selected filter/s, without having to select a theme.
- You can see the negative or positive sentiments by clicking on the “Show Sentiment” toggle.
If your data has scores there will be an option to select the impact and score of the themes in addition to the volume.
- Impact shows the impact of each theme on your Metric (eg. NPS or sentiment).
- Score shows the average score of each theme.
- Impact calculations formulas
- If you have multiple scores you can select which one to look at in the drop-down menu to the right of the score button.