How to invite users to Thematic
1. You will need the email address of each new user you want to invite. Log into Thematic, open the top right drop-down menu and select Manage users.
If you don't see a menu option for "Manage users" you may not have been given permission to. Check with your organization's administrator or reach out to your contact at Thematic to get this resolved.
2. This will open the user management page where you can see all the currently invited users and their permissions. Click the blue add user button at the top to add a new user.
3. The user invitation form contains several fields, each one must be filled out. Everything except the login email can be edited in the future.
- Login Email - The email address the invitation will be sent to, which becomes the user's login email.
If you are having trouble getting the email addresses recognized, try copying and pasting them into a text editor to remove invisible characters, and then into the form.
- First & Last Name - The user's name in the system, which makes for easier identification.
- Preferred Name (Optional) - Can be provided if the user prefers to be referred to by another name.
- Seat Type
- Thematic offers three distinct types of user seats, each tailored to varying responsibilities and access within the platform. These seat types are based on your user seat/ license allocations on your contract.
- You can only have 1 seat type per user. By default, when adding a new user, the pre-selected seat type is Core.
- For more on seat types, see this help article
- A roles is a set of permissions that you can grant to users. They make it easy to assign the same permissions to multiple users.
- If you assign multiple roles to a user, they are granted the aggregate combination of permissions across all roles.
- Thematic is set up with 4 default roles.
- Users on an enterprise plan can customize the default roles and add new ones.
- For more on roles, see this help article.
- Custom Permissions
- Custom permissions are just like roles, but they apply only to an individual user. They make it easy to assign a set of permissions to an individual user without having to first create a role.
- You can assign both roles and custom permissions to a user. For example, you may want to grant a user the Analyst role, and in addition use custom permissions to grant them "Edit themes" permission for one dataset that they oversee.
- Create datasets
- Create dashboards
- Access usage metrics
- For more on permissions, see this help article.
4. Click add new user to send the invitation. Each invitation remains valid for 7 days after being sent.
Reinviting a user
If an invitation expired or was accidentally deleted you can quickly resend a users invitation with the "Reinvite button" next to their name.
What's an email only account?
Anyone who's been signed up for an emailed push report will be shown here if they don't already have a Thematic account. You can use the blue "Create account" button to quickly invite them if you'd like them to have access to the dashboards or analytic tools in addition to the push report they receive.