How to invite users to your Thematic
Only Administrator accounts can invite new users to their Thematic. Only invite users to your Thematic who should have access to your data.
1. You will need the email address of each new user you want to invite. Log into Thematic, open the top right drop-down menu and select Manage users.
2. This will open the user management page where you can see all the currently invited users and their permissions. Click the blue add user button at the top to add a new user.
3. The user invitation form contains several fields, each one must be filled out. Everything except the login email can be edited in the future.
- Login Email - The email address the invitation will be sent to, which becomes the user's login email.
- First & Last Name - The user's name in the system, which makes for easier identification.
- Prefered Name (Optional) - Users name used in communications.
- Role (More details here)
- Admin: Can view all data sets, upload and download data and manage other users.
- Analyst: Can view data sets with permission and download data.
- Viewer: Can view data sets with permission but cannot download data.
- Report & Data Set Access - Lets you customize which dashboards and analytic tools the user can view. Data sets the user can't see will be hidden from them in the Reports and Analyze drop-down menus.
If you are having trouble getting the email addresses recognized, try copying and pasting them into a text editor to remove invisible characters, and then into the form.
5. Click create user to send the invitation. Each invitation remains valid for 7 days after being sent.
Reinviting a user
If an invitiation expired or was accidentally deleted you can quickly resend a users invitation with the "Reinvite button" next to their name.
What's an email only account?
Anyone who's been signed up for an emailed push report will be shown here if they don't already have a Thematic account. You can use the blue "Create account" button to quickly invite them if you'd like them to have access to the dashboards or analytic tools in addition to the push report they receive.